- 1 medium-sized organic chicken
- 1 onion
- 3 carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 courgettes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp live apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 slices of ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric or one fresh turmeric root sliced
- Sea salt
- Black pepper grains
- Put everything in a pot with cold water so that everything is submerged
- Bring the water to a boil and then lower the heat
- Put the lid on and let it steep on a low fire for +- 6 to 8 hours
- If you don't have time for that, let it soak for at least 3 hours
- Add some warm water if necessary
- Take the chicken out and put it on a plate to cool.
- Strain the stock while it is still warm. You can't do much with the vegetables,
but all the nutrients are in the broth.
- Remove all the meat from the chicken, you can use it for chicken salad or to make
a meal with rice and chicken but then you have to cook the rice in a little bit of this stock.
You can drink the broth as a soup, but also as a regular hot drink in between.
It is very tasty with some extra salt and lemon juice in it and it brings peace to your gut.
This stock keeps well in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
In the freezer max 1 month